PE and Sporting Opportunities at Chase Lane
At Chase Lane, we have amazing PE facilities including a swimming pool and all weather pitch. We are lucky enough to have a specialist PE teacher who is passionate and dedicated to giving the children the best sporting opportunities, working with children from nursery through to year 6.
We ensure the children take part in a range of different sporting areas including: swimming, dance, gymnastics, athletics, games and outdoor adventurous activities.
Our PE Curriculum
- In KS1 the children look to develop their fundamental movement skills and master basic movements.
- Our curriculum increases the physical skill of each child, developing versatility, adaptability and the ability to cope with various tasks and situations.
- Activities encourage and develop controlled movements, spatial awareness and children become independent by planning, performing, evaluating and improving performance.
- It helps pupils to learn how to co-operate with each other and to work successfully as a member of a group.
- It provides opportunities for pupils to experience a variety of games equipment and develop handling skills such as throwing and catching.
- It encourages healthy lifestyles by increasing awareness of the effects of exercise on the body in the short term and long term.
- Upper KS2 engage in Sports Leader UK programmes.
For more information about our PE curriculum at Chase Lane, have a look at the overview below.
Extra Curricular Activities
- At Chase Lane, we have a diverse before school and afterschool PE club timetable, engaging all year groups in a range of sports such as: football, multisports, netball, cricket, dodgeball, running, athletics, rugby, hockey and golf.
- We work in partnership with various delivery partners including: Colchester United, OzziFit, Coastal Golf Academy and Tiny Rugby.
- We provide opportunities for children to represent Chase Lane in various sports such as Interschool sporting competitions and events at local and county wide levels.